If you are using a Gecko based browser (Mozilla, Firefox, newer version of Netscape, Flock, etc) then here's a nifty trick:
- Go to Bookmarks -> Manage Bookmarks
- Create a new Bookmark (I also created a new folder for this)
- Now you set up this bookmark like so:
- Name it whatever you like, I used "LiveJournal Users"
- Enter the url as http://%s.livejournal.com/ - yes that's a "%s" in there.
- Give the new bookmark the keyword "lj"
This will also work for other sites like MySpace, Deviant Art, etc. Keywords are an extremely useful feature by themselves, the string variables with them make them really powerful. Enjoy! :)